Houston Deco: Houston's Modernistic Architecture
5009-5015 Fannin St. (at Palm)
Historic name: Kurth Building
Current name: Nehemiah Center
Completed: 1940

For many years, the offices of the Kurth Lumber Company were located on the building's second floor; various retail tenants occupied the ground floor.

above | façade, 2006
detail (top) | north entrance, 2006
detail (bottom) | relief detail, 2006

Photo by David Bush
  Copyright 2014 Preservation Houston | terms of use | contact us