Houston Deco: Houston's Modernistic Architecture
400 W. Texas Ave., Baytown
Historic name: Odd Fellows Hall
Current name: Odd Fellows Lofts
Completed: 1929
Architect: Lenard Gabert

It is believed the Odd Fellows Hall, which was originally faced in dark brick, was stuccoed sometime after the adjacent Wehring's Grocery and Market was completed.

above | façade, 2006
detail | façade detail, 2006

Photo by Jim Parsons
  Copyright 2014 Preservation Houston | terms of use | contact us